by MBC News | Oct 8, 2021
The Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (SIGA) is looking to help more people get vaccinated. To do this the First Nation owned gaming authority is hosting pop up vaccine clinics at their casinos in North Battleford, Yorkton and LIoydminster Friday. Alanna Adamko,...
by MBC News | Oct 7, 2021
A suspicious death in Prince Albert this past weekend is now being investigated as a homicide. Police say early Saturday afternoon 29-year-old Jeremy Charles was discovered unconscious on the 700 block of 18th street west. Police believe Charles was assaulted. The...
by MBC News | Oct 6, 2021
Brian Hardlotte is going to continue serving as Grand Chief of the Prince Albert Grand Council (PAGC). Late last month Hardlotte was acclaimed to the PAGC’s top position for another term after no other candidate put their name forward. Hardlotte said being acclaimed...
by MBC News | Oct 6, 2021
Pelican Narrows RCMP are turning to the public for in helping find a suspect who has escaped police custody. Barry Thomas was arrested and charged Tuesday with aggravated assault. He was last seen on McKay Road at approximately 10:30 a.m. yesterday, as he fled on foot...
by MBC News | Oct 6, 2021
Students and staff at Northlands College will soon be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status, or participate in regular testing. The College’s policy, follows other post-secondary institutions in the province, as Saskatchewan is in the midst of the...
by MBC News | Oct 6, 2021
By: Susan McNeil, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, Prince Albert Daily Herald The Chiefs of both Red Earth and Shoal Lake Cree Nations have said the province is not taking enough action on two fires that are filling their communities with smoke and causing...
by MBC News | Oct 5, 2021
(Photo: Little Pine First Nation Chief Wayne Segamanis.) WARNING: Disturbing content A Saskatchewan First Nations Chief is questioning what comes next if Pope Francis apologizes for the Catholic Church’s role in operating some of Canada’s residential schools. A...
by MBC News | Oct 5, 2021
A 29-year-old man has died after an alleged assault in Prince Albert this past weekend. Police say early Saturday afternoon 29-year-old Jeremy Charles was discovered unconscious on the 700 block of 18th street west. Police believe Charles was assaulted. The...
by MBC News | Oct 5, 2021
A woman and two young children received minor injuries after shots were fired in a La Ronge apartment building. RCMP say this past Sunday night at around 10 pm they responded to reports of shots fired inside an apartment complex on Broad Street. Upon investigation,...
by MBC News | Oct 4, 2021
Prince Albert Police have charged a woman with murder in relation to the death of 40-year-old Doris Broussie. Broussie was found injured at a business in the city in August after a reported assault. The 40-year-old was taken to hospital but later died. Prince Albert...