A 28-year-old Prince Albert man has been charged with the murders of both of his parents and son.
The bodies of Denis Carrier and Sandra Henry, both 56, and seven-year-old Bentlee were found by police in the 300 block of MacArthur Drive in the city on Sunday afternoon.
A five-year-old girl, Kendrah, was also discovered and is in hospital with serious injuries.
Nathaniel Carrier, who was living at the residence with the four others, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.
The girl is also the daughter of Nathaniel Carrier.
The Prince Albert Police Service held an online press conference Wednesday afternoon revealing more details of what they believe happened at the residence over the weekend.
Inspector Craig Mushka said when officers arrived on the scene both a vehicle belonging to Denis Carrier and Nathaniel Carrier were missing.
The vehicle was later located in La Ronge and Nathaniel Carrier was found by police Sunday evening in Prince Albert.
Mushka said police believe the victims were killed sometime Saturday night.
Police are still not saying much else about the case such as what they believe to be the cause of death, potential motive or how Denis Carrier’s vehicle ended up in La Ronge and Nathaniel Carrier back in Prince Albert.
Mushka said police are still determining what Nathaniel Carrier did while in La Ronge.
The inspector also would not elaborate on why police think the victims had been dead since Saturday or why Nathaniel Carrier was not taken into custody until Tuesday afternoon when he had been located on Sunday.
“That’s a question that is difficult to answer,” Mushka said. “What I can say is when we discovered his whereabouts and his location, we were confident at that time that he was not a risk to the public.”
Mushka said Nathaniel Carrier was not known to police prior to this incident.
Autopsies of the three victims are expected this week.
(PHOTO: Nathaniel Carrier. Photo courtesy Nathaniel Carrier Facebook page.)