A school on a Lac La Ronge Indian Band reserve was evacuated this morning.
A technician from SaskEnergy was called to Bell’s Point Elementary in the La Ronge area after a gas smell was reported outside the facility.
SaskEnergy spokesperson Dave Burdeniuk says the situation was checked out:
“He checked our system, like the meter. He checked up on the roof of the school, just because of rooftop units that buildings can have . . . . no problems, no odour, no gas readings.”
Burdeniuk says a full safety check was done at the school — including tests for carbon monoxide, which does not have an odour — and nothing was detected.