Father Gamache Memorial School at Fond Du Lac First Nation will be closed for a third straight day today.

The school was shut down on Monday after a strong chlorine smell made its way through the heating system.

Saskatchewan Environment Provincial Hazmat Co-ordinator Brent Zelenski says the school was evacuated and aired out as a precaution.

“Some chemicals were mixed that created a chemical reaction that released a vapour plume into the school,” he says. “It looks like chlorine bleach and toilet bowl cleaner were mixed together. Some of the kids might have gotten into the janitor storeroom and got a hold of the chemicals and mixed them together in a mop pail.”

Zelenski says no injuries were reported and health officials were contacted about the situation.