Toddler Suffers Burns at Little Red

Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 13:51



A little boy on the Little Red reserve north of Prince Albert suffered some burns from a grass fire over the weekend.


Paramedics say the fire took place on Saturday in someone’s yard on the Montreal Lake side of the reserve.


The 3-year-old apparently got too close to the flames while others were trying to attend to the fire, and his pants caught on fire.


The boy suffered burns to his legs and bottom and was eventually taken to the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon.


At last word, the boy was still there and listed in stable condition.


There’s no word on the severity of the burns, but paramedics say he was only wearing windpants at the time.