Muskowekwan Fire Death Deemed Accidental

Thursday, June 04, 2009 at 13:24



RCMP have completed their investigation of a house fire on the Muskowekwan First Nation. They now say it’s not suspicious.


A 31-year-old woman, Teresa Ann Gordon, died as a result of the fire.


Police say she received toxic levels of carbon monoxide created in the fire.


RCMP spokesperson Sergeant Carole Raymond says the fact the fire has been determined to not be suspicious doesn’t mean it ever was — it’s just police procedure to treat every fire scene like a crime scene.


The fire broke out at about 7:20 a.m. Saturday.


The actual cause of the fire has not been released.