MNS Official Breaks Silence Over Election Charges
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 13:43
A high-ranking Metis Nation of Saskatchewan official is weighing in on the recent rash of criminal charges laid against seven people in connection to last year’s MNS election.
Treasurer Ray Laliberte says he and other members of the MNS executive are closely monitoring the cases of the men and women who are accused of wrongdoing.
Laliberte says no one on the executive supports the idea of a rigged vote.
However, he says the public must remember citizens are innocent until proven guilty and the MNS will continue its work on behalf of the Metis.
Having said that, he agrees the charges have undermined the legitimacy of his organization.
Laliberte says the MNS has rebounded from controversy before and is confident that will happen again.