Claude Resources Confirms Appeal Of Notice
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 at 14:00
The president of Claude Resources says he can’t comment on recent reports his company was handed a notice of contravention by the government in the wake of a fatal accident last year.
However, Neil McMillan does confirm that his business has appealed the findings contained in a report by the Occupational Health and Safety branch of the government.
McMillan says it’s because of this appeal that he can’t talk to the media about the situation.
It was last May that a worker died at the Seabee gold mine after the loader he was operating reportedly fell through one of the mine’s underground levels.
The file is currently in the hands of the Ministry of Justice, which is deciding whether or not to lay charges.