Classes Cancelled At Reserve School After Gas Leak

Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 14:12



Crews from SaskEnergy responded to a gas leak on the Saulteaux First Nation yesterday.


The problem was located at the local school, where classes were subsequently cancelled.


School secretary Gwen Moccasin says it was apparent something was wrong even before students were in the building early yesterday morning.


She says the children never entered the school, but stayed in their buses before being sent home.


A clerk at the band office says the smell of rotten eggs was noticeable on the reserve.


Classes will resume Monday while repair crews fix the problem.