Additional Evidence Introduced In MNS Hearings
Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 16:13
More evidence has been introduced into a case by crown prosecutors looking to indict a prominent Métis politician.
The hearing for Ralph Kennedy took place today in North Battleford Provincial Court.
The former Secretary for the Métis Nation of Saskatchewan faces one count of Forgery for actions allegedly committed during the MNS vote of 2004.
A lawyer for Legal Aid appeared alongside Kennedy today, after his own attorney unexpectedly withdrew.
The lawyer said new evidence had been introduced to the case and he was not ready to proceed.
He also said the entire volume of evidence surrounding the MNS scandal is well over 19,000 pages. The judge consented to the request and set a new date for March 22nd.
Meanwhile, 2 other people accused in the election-scandal, 55-year-old Marie Ironstand and 20-year-old Allyn Stubbington saw their matters adjourned as well. One of the women was ill, the other was not available.