Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) has an opening for a
News Reporter to be based from our office and studio in the
City of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
The position has a projected start date of May 5, 2014.
MBC is a radio network primarily serving Saskatchewan’s
First Nations & Métis population. MBC is available in over
70 communities, including the 3 largest urban markets in the
Province of Saskatchewan, creating one of the most extensive
Aboriginal radio networks in Canada.
Working from an office and on-air studio located in downtown
Prince Albert, the Prince Albert news reporter/anchor would
be required to:
· Provide broadcast-ready written story submissions with
audio attachments and anchor MBC news, sports and
informational programming (live or pre-recorded) as assigned.
· Ensure stories are factual, current and aired quickly and accurately.
· Inform MBC’s News Director of any major breaking story.
· Generate interesting story ideas and bring new story ideas to
the table daily.
· Develop news/sports stories as assigned.
· Conduct and edit news/sports interviews, write scripts and
present the finished product in a timely and professional manner.
· Cover local news/sporting events with reporting on the scene
or live as needed.
· Story development, investigating and researching a broad
range of issues.
· Be available for any major event at any time as determined
by the News Director.
· Prepare all submissions according to station format, style,
content and philosophy
· Applicants must be professionally trained in radio broadcasting
and preferably possess at least 1 year of radio newsroom experience.
· Exceptional written and oral communication and organization skills.
· A strong sense of community news and local involvement.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent computer proficiency with audio preparation/editing
capability and ability to troubleshoot minor computer difficulties.
· Must be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic self-starter who
can take direction.
· Understanding of Aboriginal culture and issues relevant to
First Nations and Métis Peoples is an asset.
· Excellent knowledge of local, regional and national news.
· Must have a valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation.
Application deadline is Friday April 11, 2014