MBC Network Radio
Saskatchewan's Aboriginal Radio Network
Cree Language Broadcaster
La Ronge, SK
Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation is in search of its next Cree Language Broadcaster. The successful candidate will work from the La Ronge broadcast centre and will anchor newscasts, co-host magazine-style radio programming, report on current affairs and traditional topics, interview newsmakers and influential guests, voice commercial scripts, research and write for MBC’s daily Cree language current affairs program (Missinipi Achimowin) and contribute stories and ideas to the MBC news department.
MBC is proud to serve Saskatchewan’s First Nations & Métis population. We reach our audience through one of the most extensive Aboriginal satellite radio networks in Canada. With transmitters in over 70 communities, including major centres like Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, North Battleford and Yorkton, MBC can be heard almost anywhere in Saskatchewan.
• Creating daily radio feature segments on a broad range of topics
• Translation and on-air broadcasting of daily news and weather reports
• Co-hosting daily live and recorded radio programming in Cree
• Interviewing and researching for feature preparation
• Writing and broadcasting stories relevant to Saskatchewan’s Cree speaking audience
• Generating interesting ideas for MBC current affairs coverage
• Represent station at community events
• Ensure stories are factual, balanced and aired quickly and accurately
• Voicing and translating commercial copy for station clients
• Fluent in the Cree Language
• Interest in current affairs and Aboriginal issues
• Excellent communication and organization skills with ability to remain objective and demonstrate solid news judgment
• Previous on air experience and/or training in radio broadcasting would be an asset
• A strong sense of community and local involvement
• Ability to work independently, meet all deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail
• Above average computer & technical skills
• Understanding of Aboriginal culture and issues relevant to Saskatchewan's First Nations and Métis people would be an asset
• Must be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic self-starter who can take direction
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract
Please forward resume, audio demo and writing samples in confidence to:
Dallas Hicks, Director of Operations
Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation
P.O. Box 1529
La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
Application deadline: Friday, November 25, 2016
**Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted**
MBC values diversity in its workforce and is committed to employment equity.
Applications for on-air positions can always be forwarded to keep on file for future openings.
Please send your current audio demo, resume, work-related references and cover letter by e-mail to:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
MBC Network Radio is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.